Monday, February 15, 2010

Rainy Day Games: Fun with the Animals of Noah's Ark by Andy McGuire

Rainy Day Games: Fun with the Animals of Noah's Ark Rainy Day Games: Fun with the Animals of Noah's Ark by Andy McGuire


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I used this book as part of my convocation about writing and authors for an elementary school. Andy McGuire not only wrote the copy in this delightful book, but did the hilarious illustrations. The students in grades 1-6 all loved it! They laughed at the words and illustrations. They appreciated, as well, Andy's own story about his childhood and how he got started in drawing as an elementary student. It was inspirational for them. I interviewed McGuire on my blog < When I Was Just a Kid so I was able to help them see that they could start their writing now.

While this perspective on the animals of Noah's Ark was contemporary and for fun, it was personal and just plain fun. This is a book I've given for gifts over and over, and I will keep on my shelf if I ever get grandkids! (LOL)

View all my reviews >>

No comments: