Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ya Gotta Have Friends

Everyone has a past. We live in the now. But what keeps us going? That we have a hope and a future. Jeremiah 11: 29 says, "'For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.'"

Even if I do not breathe another 02 molecule into my system, I have a hope and a future. Friends and family here keep that hope and future alive, until that day.

Some of that hope involves friends I have made recently. I know whom I have believed and He says we'll all be together someday in a place He's preparing called "heaven." One of those friends here I am privileged to enjoy a friendship in the here and now. Sabrina Fox is one of the answers to my prayers to have real live in person friends with skin on near me by geography. She lives in the next small town over from me in the same county. While I don't see her nearly enough, I know she is close by and we get together whenever we can. We can even call each other without using long distance!

She's smart, (evidenced by her quiet and thoughtful spirit,) a mom and wife with much spunk,toughness, perserverence,and faith. She shares a love of fiction and writing with me. She's one of those kind of persons with whom, when I met her, I felt an instant kinship and kindred spirit, even though she is much younger than I am (and she really is sharp. Don't judge her too harshly because she considers me a friend...) She gently pushes and encourages me and she doesn't ask for anything in return. She is one of those people who is generous to a fault. She is nice. (How many people do you know who are really nice?)I hope that I can give back to her even a portion of the hope she's given to me.

So, anyway, she interviewed me on her blog, Hijinks in the Heartland. Ha! Pretty scary, actually. Sabrina is really trustworthy, as we American Christian Fiction Writers of the Indiana chapter trust her with our money, as our esteemed treasurer. (But she has written a story called Prescription for Murder...hmmm. Authors live in strange parallel dimensions.)

Please also check out her character on Brandilyn Collins' blog about Brandilyn's latest book, Violet Dawn, releasing this month. (If you are easily scared, you might want to go get your blanky before going to any site Brandilyn Collins maintains.)
Sabrina blogs there on that site as Carla Radling. Sabrina is listed under "Sabrina Butcher" there. Don't ask. Writers go by many personas. This woman has many layers.

So, there. Got you some reading to do with my friend, Sabrina. If you catch my interview there, just realize that she is a creative writer and did the best she could with what she had to work with...

2 comments:

Sabrina L. Fox said...

I am trying to honor you, my friend, an you've honored me even more! Thanks so much for the kind words, and for doing the interview.

Love ya, girl!

Crystal Laine said...

Ha, you go, girlfriend! Keep writing!

And the blog interview was fun!Right back at ya.