Monday, January 14, 2013

2012 in the Midwest

....I read through the entire Bible--again.



....I read 60+ books about God/the Bible/Christian spirituality and faith.

....I read over 50+ fiction books.

....I played a lot of golf at Walnut Creek Golf Course in Grant County, Indiana and a few places out of state, too, like Kentucky.
A golf course view in Kentucky
....I took care of family, people, animals and my husband the best I could and saw 100+ degrees on the thermometer outside.
Yeah, it was over 100 degrees in Indiana in 2012!
A family banner for my blog made for me by my friend, Mary Lynn

....and it stormed, downing trees, and lightning struck our house, wiping out many of our electrical things.
Pieces of bricks from our struck chimney, which also struck our electrical system

One downed tree of several from a storm
Bricks from the top hit and damaged the chimney on the way down
....I traveled on a motorcycle with my husband, and sometimes our friends, all around the state of Indiana.

Matthews, Indiana Covered Bridge
The sculpture in Bluffton, Indiana

....I saw great places in Indiana, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois and Missouri.

St. Louis Arch
Natural Bridge, Kentucky
The sky lift for Natural Bridge, but we took the hard way to the top

Cloud Gate in Millennium Park in Chicago

....I rooted for my St. Louis Blues hockey team.

My family at a St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago Blackhawks hockey game


....I spent time with my boys, husband and really good friends.

My son's senior thesis art show right before his graduation. It included these portraits of his brothers and dad. One other son in this photo graduated this summer from college, too.


....I saw 2012 in with a GREAT family at my house, and saw 2013 in with the same people.
 

....I prayed endlessly.

....I wrote some stuff.

....I put up tons of ancestors on my Ancestry.com tree.

Dawson family photo from early 1900s taken in Tipton County, Indiana

....I scanned hundreds of old photos into my computer files (and still have more.)

Pierson family photo from 1953 in Michigan at their father's funeral (My mom is the blonde, third from right)


....I played some music with the band in a park in Marion, Indiana.


....I worked on ACFW Book Club.

....I saw and experienced all kinds of weather at my house, and observed much of nature.

All of these photos were taken by my house in Indiana
It was a wild year filled with storms, defeats, triumphs, graduations, illness, fun, heat, cold, faith, prayers, repairs and laughter. 

And now in FAITH I'm heading into the adventures in Indiana for 2013. Looking forward to it--how about you?


No comments: