Each year the Christy Award Nominees are announced and then later in the year there will be the announcement of the winners of each category. It is prestigious for Christian novelists to be nominated, let alone to win. I congratulate each nominee and look forward to seeing the winners on June 26.
ANN ARBOR, Mich.—The Christy Advisory Board is pleased to announce nominees in nine categories for the 2010 Christy Awards honoring Christian fiction. The Christy Awards will be conferred in advance of the International Christian Retailing Show at a ceremony at the Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel, Sat., June 26, 2010, at 7:30 p.m. Author and entrepreneur Lisa Samson, a two-time Christy Award winner and seven-time nominee, will present the keynote address.
Tickets to the event are $30. For more information about the awards reception and to make reservations (beginning Apr. 30), visit the Christy Award website at http://www.christyawards.c
The 2010 Christy Award nominees are:
- Breach of Trust by DiAnn Mills • Tyndale House Publishers
- How Sweet It Is by Alice J. Wisler • Bethany House Publishers: a Division of Baker Publishing Group
- Stand-In Groom by Kaye Dacus • Barbour Publishing
CONTEMPORARY SERIES, SEQUELS, AND NOVELLAS
- Who Do I Talk To? by Neta Jackson • Thomas Nelson
- The Hope of Refuge by Cindy Woodsmall • WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group
- Daisy Chain by Mary DeMuth • Zondervan
- June Bug by Chris Fabry • Tyndale House Publishers
- The Passion of Mary-Margaret by Lisa Samson • Thomas Nelson
- Veiled Freedom by Jeanette Windle • Tyndale House Publishers
- The Familiar Stranger by Christina Berry • Moody Publishers
- Fireflies in December by Jennifer Erin Valent • Tyndale House Publishers
- Scared by Tom Davis • David C. Cook
- A Flickering Light by Jane Kirkpatrick • WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group
- Though Waters Roar by Lynn Austin • Bethany House Publishers: a Division of Baker Publishing Group
- The Swiss Courier by Tricia Goyer & Mike Yorkey • Revell Books: a Division of Baker Publishing Group
- Beyond This Moment by Tamera Alexander • Bethany House Publishers: a Division of Baker Publishing Group
- A Bride in the Bargain by Deeanne Gist • Bethany House Publishers: a Division of Baker Publishing Group
- The Inheritance by Tamera Alexander • Thomas Nelson
- The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen • Bethany House Publishers: a Division of Baker Publishing Group
- Intervention by Terri Blackstock • Zondervan
- Lost Mission by Athol Dickson • Howard Books: a Division of Simon & Schuster
- The Night Watchman by Mark Mynheir • WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group
- By Darkness Hid by Jill Williamson • Marcher Lord Press
- The Enclave by Karen Hancock • Bethany House Publishers: a Division of Baker Publishing Group
- Valley of the Shadow by Tom Pawlik • Tyndale House Publishers
- Beautiful by Cindy Martinusen-Coloma • Thomas Nelson
- The Blue Umbrella by Mike Mason • David C. Cook
- North! or Be Eaten by Andrew Peterson • WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group
†Historical Fiction includes four nominees due to a tie in scoring.
View this press release as a PDF: http://ajast.com/ChristyNo
Thanks for posting this!
Hi Crystal -
I'm thrilled to see so many of my favorite books on this list. Whoever chose the nominees did a great job. :)
Congratulations to everyone!
What a worthy group of writers and books. I'm in awe. Congratulations to all of these great writers, and encouragement to the rest of us in the trenches who are still working hard to polish the work of our hands. May God's face shine upon all of us, as we seek to serve Him. :)
Post a Comment