Friday, October 17, 2008
I Love Your Blog Awards!
This blog and my When I Was Just a Kid blog just received an I Love Your Blog Award from J.M. Hochstetler at >The American Patriot Series blog! I love >Joan for many reasons,(for one she started as a Hoosier, and she also writes great books and publishes others' books, too) which makes this an honor for me.
You must go and read Joan's When I Was Just a Kid interview, too, in case you missed it. She has One Holy Night, a novel, out right now, so you need to check it out and look for blogs giving free copies.
The rules for this award are as follows:
1. Add the logo of the award to your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Add links to those blogs on your blog.
5. Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.
This is going to be tough to narrow down to just seven blogs, as I do love quite a few. I may not check daily, but I do go around looking for more interviews and people to feature. You can find links to all sorts of blogs over in my links section--and yes, I do go visit when I can.
Here are my choices in no particular order:
1. Nancy J. Ring at Anchors, Signposts and Wanderings. Nancy is deep and poignant and speaks to my soul's yearnings and travelings. She helps me to find the path home.
2. LeAnne Martin at Christian in the Arts and Beauty and the Beholder. She writes about beauty. We need much more of this in our lives. I feel at peace on her blogs.Here is a quote from her blog to prove my point: "How kind you were to open the gates of heaven and give me that little glimpse of Paradise." From an 18th-Century letter
3. Bonnie Bruno at MacroMoments. Her photography leaves me breathless. She has deep insights into God's teachings. And she's just plain nice and encourages others (me, too.)
4. Dr. Richard Mabry at Random Jottings writes about a variety of issues in writing. He's been a successful M.D. and now has launched a writing career, writing articles and fiction manuscripts. (He even did an interview with me on his blog, and now it's been accepted at Christian Communicator magazine.) I can relate to him and his journey. Good blog. Lots of interviews, writing news and indepth insights.
5. Two of my very favorite genres in fiction to read are historicals and historical romances. Over at Favorite PASTimes talks about these kinds of books and about the research. I love that.Contributors are Kathy Rouser
Jill Eileen Smith
Michelle Sutton, Book Reviews
6. Cara Putman is a brilliant woman with endless (almost!) energy and a vibrant new career in writing. She's a wife, mother, attorney, professor and now author. She talks about things that interest her--which in turn interests me (though my children are nearly grown so I'm not in her stage, but I do remember it!! LOL.)
7. Camy Tang is a fresh new author with a three-book series out called, The Sushi Series. You will just love Camy. One of my favorite parts of Camy's blog is when she cooks or knits--and shows the photos. Along with her husband, Captain Caffeine, and that Wonder Dog, Snickers, what is not to love? Just plain fun. And if you need help with your writing, be sure to check out The Story Sensei. You still have time to win her Single Sashimi on this blog by entering a comment below, deadline October 31.
Check out some of the other people in my list to the right because I just know too many people and I do go check out their blogs to see what they're up to as time permits.
Back when I first started this blog I had one day a week to point out others' blogs. I may need to blog regularly and reinstate that feature day. What do you think? Because I'm leaving out some of my other favorites and favorite people! I may just have a I Love Your Blog Day each week. Stay tuned.
Thank you to each one for all the good reading you’re providing for us readers!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for naming Random Jottings as a favorite. I'm flattered. I'll try to live up to the honor. It's been fun getting to know you better through the interview and article I did.
Aw, thanks, Crystal! I didn't know you liked my knitting and cooking blog posts so much. I guess I always just assume I'm talking to myself. LOL
Crystal, you're such a sweetie! Thank you for your kind words. From one Hoosier to another--love ya, girl!
Post a Comment