Monday, July 23, 2007

First Drawing Winners



Yesterday I had my first ever drawing for a book, when readers left their favorite hymn in the comments section of the interview with Lucy Neeley Adams to receive a free copy of Lucy's book 52 Hymn Story Devotions.

And the winner is....

Cathy S!
Cathy said, "I love many old hymns because my grandmother taught me to play the piano and assigned many of them for my lessons. She was an accomplished pianist who played for church.

More recently, a favorite hymn is "In the Garden" which was played at the funeral of a close family member."

Hymns draw an emotional response, and those of us who grew up with the tradition of singing hymns have favorites with memories attached to certain hymns.

I was so pleased with the many comments left by the readers that I drew another name to send a second free book. And the winner is....

Bill Yates!

Bill said, "I love so many hymns it's hard to pick a favorite. "And Can It Be," "Amazing Grace." and "O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing" come to mind readily. I could go on and on.. And one day we will!"

Thanks to Cathy and Bill and all who commented. I'll be getting Cathy's and Bill's addresses in order to send to them Lucy's wonderful book. And check back often to enter more drawings for books.

If you would like a copy of Lucy's book and weren't one of the winners, here is the information.

No comments: