Tuesday, October 10, 2006
I swiped this from Delia. The ones I've done are in bold.
(This is weird. It said I couldn't publish this. Well, two posts in one day. Go figure. I will never figure this out.)
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula How about an alligator named Julie?
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said “I love you” and meant it (every single day)
09. Hugged a tree (While climbing it only)
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris (Does New Paris, Ohio and Paris in Las Vegas count?)
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables (wish I could still do this)
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby’s diaper (I have four boys, two years each apart so that is 9 years in diapers...plus, all the babysitting...sigh)
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon Well, no. Got in. Got out. ha
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne (oh yuck)
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope (took a class in college in this...)
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
27. Had a food fight WATCHED a food fight. In Grandma's bedroom between little cousins at a Christmas dinner. Boy, were they in trouble!
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can Whooo hooo! Got hoarse, at the Sectional Basketball championships in Marion Arena when we beat the GIANTS!
32. Held a lamb (How about a baby pig?)
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer Yeah, but one died first, and then got the second, along with a motherboard, etc. etc. Sigh.
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk
42. Had amazing friends
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched whales
45. Stolen a sign
46. Backpacked in Europe
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your CDs
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke Hey, I've sung with a real band!
59. Lounged around in bed all day
60. Played touch football Played FLAMINGO football--with boys!
61. Gone scuba diving No, not really. Went snorkeling
62. Kissed in the rain Shot trap in the rain, too
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie Ha, in high school, we made movies--not big production...
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days
77. Made cookies from scratch Which recipe do you want??
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on television news programs as an “expert”
83. Gotten flowers for no reason Used to be a first grade teacher--got dandelions galore in the spring
84. Performed on stage Was voted Best Actress in the same hometown where James Dean was from
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music
87. Eaten shark
88. Kissed on the first date
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents April 12th and June 11th
93. Been on a cruise ship
94. Spoken more than one language fluently
95. Performed in Rocky Horror
96. Raised children Almost!
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
98. Passed out cold Passed out during rehearsal of a half-time show because I didn't eat all day (Pom pon girl)
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country Rode 50 miles on a bike to earn a Pathfinder's badge. Got sunstroke.
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication (depends on how large you consider large...)
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Touched a stingray
110. Broken someone’s heart
111. Helped an animal give birth
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone (Does this mean a concussion?)
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol (all three) Did competition trapshooting in the international championships--shot with champions. I own my own guns.
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild Stalking the Wild Morel with the Small Family...
118. Ridden a horse Had one named Star
119. Had major surgery Any surgery you go "under" is major
120. Had a snake as a pet GET REAL!
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
132. Touched a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions (Well, most)
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office (school board count?)
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146. Dyed your hair
147. Been a DJ
148. Shaved your head
149. Caused a car accident In college, in a green car, on a road that had a snow bank on it, slid into another car. Drat. The state police guy was very nice.
150. Saved someone’s life
Number 150--Saved someone's life by leading them to Christ. Try walking the Romans Road. If you want to truly save a life, including your own, try reading this:
The Romans Road
What can I do to be saved?
I'm no theologian, but I am a Christian. Sometimes I have been asked what makes a person "saved" and what can he do to be a Christian (follow Christ? )Jesus is a man who walked and talked on this earth, who lived and died--but who was different, as he was sinless,he was fully man and fully God, and then rose from the dead. Jesus is living today, not on earth, but in heaven with God.
First, find a Bible. Any version will work. I happen to mostly use the New International Version, but there are many versions out there. Also, if you are already a Christian, but you are unsure of your salvation, this "road" I suggest reading is helpful to show that there is no doubt.
The book of Romans was written by the Apostle Paul when he was in Corinth. It is God's letter to YOU.
Rome was the capital of the Roman Empire and Paul was one of its citizens. Paul tried to show in this book (letter) that we are bankrupt with God and we are unable to pay for our sins. Under that premise, no one should ever be able to get into heaven--but for Jesus. Jesus made it possible. And He freely gives it to YOU, if you will only accept it.
Believe this story as if your life depends on it--because it does.
Follow the Romans Road:
1. Romans 3:23:
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God...
2. Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
3. Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
4. Romans 10: 9: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.*
From the Zondervan New International Version, copyright 1973, 1978,1984, International Bible Society, http://www.zondervan.com
It is that simple. Once you are saved--have confessed your sins and believe, of course, you are going to want to be with others who believe this same truth and to learn more about this amazing person, Jesus.