Thursday, December 09, 2010

Cara Putman's Hazelnut Crinkles (Cookies)

Stars in the Night by Cara C. Putman
Have I told you how much I love the scones that Cara Putman makes? If not, then here is a public declaration. Cara is a friend and she just had her fourth child. I'm so thrilled for her. Also, I love her writing, but mostly, I just think she's one of the nicest people I know.

Anyway, here's the promised cookie recipe. These are yummy and from the kitchen of Cara Putman. Eat them while reading her latest book, Stars in the Night. You'll be glad you did!


Hazelnut Crinkles (makes about 4 dozen)
(Cara Putman)

3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. hazelnut spread (Nutella, which has some chocolate in it)
1/2 c. butter or margarine (softened)
1/2 t. vanilla
1 egg
1 34 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
3 T. course white sugar crystals or regular sugar

1. Heat oven to 375. Beat sugar, Nutella, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.

2. Shape dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar crystals. place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

3. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until puffed and edges are set. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute. Remove to wire rack. Cool.

2 comments:

Cara Putman said...

Crystal, you've made me hungry for Christmas baking! I love these cookies and need to make some soon!

Crystal Laine said...

They're predicting a blizzard so I'm running out today to get the ingredients to bake some up in case we're snowed in.

I love it how you share your recipes. You're the best!