Sunday, October 24, 2010

Italian Vegetable Soup

This soup is super yummy on a cold day. You'll find yourself eating more than one bowl!

Italian Vegetable Soup
1 lb. Italian sausage  (my husband is picky and so you can use hamburger sauteed with garlic)
1 C. chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 C. beef broth
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. dry red wine (or you can add another 1/2 c. water if you prefer)
2 c. chopped tomatoes
1 c. thinly sliced carrots
1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. oregano
3 TBS. chopped fresh parsley

Fry sausage; drain. Combine other ingredients. Bring to a boil and then reduce and simmer 15 minutes or more. Or cook in your crockpot on low for several hours.

Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan. Eat with garlic bread and a fresh salad!

3 comments:

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Crystal -

Mmm, I love Italian, and I love soup. This sounds like a keeper. :)

Blessings,
Susan

Crystal Laine said...

Oh, Susan, I eat this soup until I nearly explode. It's so yummy. Especially when it's cold and wintery out.

Continuing to pray for you! Thanks for coming by and leaving notes for me. You never fail to encourage me!

Delia said...

This sounds delicious, Crystal! I'm going to print off the recipe and give it a try! Thanks!