Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Romancing the Crystal

_MG_3926_edited-1

Tomorrow I take up the challenge Rachel Hauck made in her blog to do in November. For the entire month I am waking up each day saying, "Jesus, here I am, Your favorite one.God likes me and I look good to Him."

Rachel says you may need to repeat it throughout the day, six, seven, eight times. "Take a moment to meditate on what you are saying. Hear Him respond!"

I am searching for scripture showing me how he loves me. I even bought Max Lucado's new book, 3:16:The Numbers of Hope(Thomas Nelson). If you, too, wish to find the ways that God loves you, then check in here for encouragements and what I discover. I am giving away romances this month, too, so look for drawings (leave comments when designated,sorry, U.S. Addresses only) to win Christian romance novels or books related to romance or maybe just a book that I love. I probably will talk about writing romance, as well.

I'll post my 100 Things about Me just to open the vein tomorrow. It's hard to allow someone (including God) to love you if you know nothing about yourself--so I'm going to show things about me to try to know myself. Maybe in that process, you will find things to love about yourself and admit that you are indeed, God's favorite. It really is a tough concept in my opinion. If it weren't tough, then the whole world would have accepted God's love by now. How could they not?

My very favorite verse in the Bible is: "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were yet sinners,Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8 NIV)

My heart is racing already with anticipation! (smile)

______________________________________________________

 

Talking about romances, today check over at When I Was Just a Kid blogspot and see the Kid interview with Cara Putnam, whose historical romance, Canteen Dreams was released this month. (Heartsong Presents) If you leave a comment there, you will be entered in a drawing to get this new book.

I will continue to post the When I Was Just a Kid interviews on the other blog, so if you tune here to see those, just click on the names on the right to find them.

__________________________________________________

 

mothersday 002

Who loves ya, baby?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Crystal...you give so much time to writing about others, it'll be fun to take a break and write about yourself. That's a good idea, and I look forward to reading it!

Crystal Laine said...

Thank you, Bonnie. I have been a nervous wreck all day about it. I wrote them up (have been working on them a long time) and still do not have the nerve to post them. They are boring and I figure no one will like me after seeing them, if they read them at all. Maybe I shouldn't tell that stuff? Especially in a public forum.


But thanks for the positive words.