Sunday, October 28, 2007

Crisis in Bookland

This week I'm featuring the last few authors as kids from my October schedule (Check list to the right side.) Sometimes I have satellite issues here in Bird's Nest. My internet is affected by weather and atmospheric sunspots. (I don't really know this for certain but since I don't know, I blame it on that--even on a clear day.) This is why sometimes I'm slow on posting to my blog.

One of my featured authors is a personal favorite. She has written some of my most favorite books I've read lately! And I just heard an awful announcement: two of her books are going OUT OF PRINT! Noooooooooooooooooo! Ok, so that means I am not loaning my copies to anyone. Not even Melba. (Well, maybe Melba...)


Anyway, I just ordered one of her out of print books--a(used) copy of Kissing Adrien by Siri Mitchell. If you leave a comment here, your name will be placed in a drawing to win that book (I'll draw it on the day her interview appears.) It distresses me that I'm featuring her and will tell you the wonders of her books, and then two of them are going out of print. What are they thinking?! There are used copies you can get at Amazon.com. The titles are Kissing Adrien and Something Beyond the Sky.

But, some of her other books are still available and I'm getting ready to read:


Do check in this week for drawings for free books (only those within the United States are eligible, sorry. No international shipping.)

At the end of the month(November) and 1st week in December I've lined up authors who write for children and YA/teens for my When I Was Just a Kid features. I'm calling it, Kids Who Grew Up to Write for Kids. I'm excited about this and will have a new Kid up every day, and there will be a drawing for a book from each one every day, too. (Only U.S. addresses, sorry!) If you are looking for books for Christmas, you might want to check in for that.

Tell me your favorite genre of books in your comment! Nonfiction or fiction? Or both?

1 comment:

LeAnne Benfield Martin said...

I really enjoyed Siri's Chateau of Echoes--thanks for the recommendation, Crystal! I'm looking forward to your interview with her and to her new book as well.

Thanks for your hard work on these features.

LeAnne