Monday, August 04, 2008

The Waiting Room Blues




Sometimes you just feel as if you are waiting forever for things to happen. I hate waiting.

Right now one of the things I'm waiting for is my internet. I'm on an alternative, slow connection until my internet is upgraded and our service resumes. It may be a couple weeks. So many things are piling up and I just have the blues for a variety of reasons contributing. I have all this stuff to do and it's just not coming easily.

One of my favorite things to say to friends in high school was "This too shall pass."

But it does seem that each time I make a commitment, then come the roadblocks, red lights and general chaos to my life.

I read in John 16:33 "In this world you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world." Jesus told this to his followers and I do get a comfort from those words. It is reassuring to me that despite all the troubles, prayer requests and unfulfilled dreams that I can still take heart and know that this isn't the last word.

Breathe in. Breathe out. I've been in worse places....

The good news is that there is no snow or ice on the roads.

1 comment:

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Crystal -

Welcome back. I check your blog every day to see if there's a new post.

Interesting picture. I hope I don't have to wait that long for a book contract.

Blessings,
Susan J. Reinhardt :)