Saturday, May 17, 2008
Whisper of Freedom :A Chest Full of Gold
Tricia Goyer's latest book A Whisper of Freedom has just released. This book is a wonderful conclusion to her Spanish Civil War series.
To celebrate the launch, she's having a fun MEME contest. Here are the questions and my responses, but be sure to read to the end to see how you can participate and win some great prizes. And click on the other blogs listed to see how they answered the questions!
A. List three things you would do with a chest full of gold (assuming you got to keep it!)
1) Buy a house. (We have a house, but buy (cash) the one I am dreaming of, complete with library and music room.)
2) Buy plants for my new garden.
3) Let Chris retire and build his band/music to tour.
B. List three charities/missions/organizations you support (and why).
1) High school band--all four of my boys have been in this fabulous program and all four are involved in music even now. Save the music! The school board continues to try to cut it from our school curriculum.
2) Prison Fellowship: I was involved in Angel Tree in my former church in another town and continue with the national organization. My heart is always for kids.
3) Various medical research organizations: Because of my husband's work in medicine and the many friends and family who have needed cures.
C. List three ways you have volunteered your time/services.
1) Judged in writing/book contests.
2) Spend my time with high school and junior high kids in band, and organize the volunteers at state solo and ensemble contest held at our school in January.
3) Helped writers in the American Christian Fiction Writers as a state officer. Promote Christian authors (like this MEME.)
D. List three things you keep "hidden" when company comes over.
1) Well, if it were hidden, would you look for it when you came over???
2) Drumsticks for drum set.
3) Ant poison.
E. List the last three things you've lost.
1) Fifteen pounds (so far.)
2) Desire for eating meat, sweets and chips.
3) Good skin and flexibility in my fingers. (Battling a chronic disease in my hands.)
F. List the last three things you've found.
1) My hip bones!
2) A love for cozy mysteries.
3) Time on my stationery bike for an hour a day!
During the tour, you can enter to win one of FIVE signed copies of A Whisper of Freedom by signing up for Tricia's newsletter here.
Three brave "players" will be selected at random to win their own lost gold (Gourmet chocolate coins and all three books in the Chronicles of the Spanish Civil War series).
To enter all you have to do is answer the MEME on your blog and then leave a comment on Tricia’s blog tour post here that you’ve posted your MEME. Easy.
About the Book:
Battles heat up…not only those being waged by the soldiers on both sides fighting for Spain, but in the hearts and minds of the men and women who must sacrifice more than their dreams to save the lives of their loved ones.
In this meticulously researched novel, brave and idealistic Sophie, Philip, Jose, and Deion realize their only hope for freedom is escaping Spain's borders.
By continuing the story of this band of volunteers during the Spanish Civil War, A Whisper of Freedom proves that there are whispers of hope and liberty that resonate through even the darkest night.
Now it's your turn to answer these questions. Then leave a comment here, as well, and let me know that you're playing and I'll enter you in a drawing for this book if you link your blog in the comment or answer in the comments.
Thanks all so much for your willingness to play along!
To see others participating in this MEME, see below:
Trish at Books for Moms
Jennifer at So Many Books...So Little Time
Angie at God Uses Broken Vessels
Susan at His Reading List
Tiffany at Amber Miller
Brittanie at A Book Lover
Heather at Mumblings of a Mommy Monk
Pattie at Fresh Brewed Writer
Jenny at My Buckling Bookshelf
Stacey at Jamee Forever
Erica at On the Write Path
Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee
Jennifer at Snapshot
Jamie at Surviving the Chaos
Tabitha at I Make It Up As I Go Along...
Leticia at My Daily Trek
Beth at The Write Message
Melodee at Actual Unretouched Photo
Miralee at Coming Home
Lena at A Christian Writer's World
Laura at Lighthouse Academy
Deborah at Books, Movies, Chinese Food
Lashaunda at Sormag Tours
Lori at Laurel Wreath
Tara at Piano Girl
Vicky at Savvy Reviews