Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Indiana Authors

I belong to the American Christian Fiction Writers organization and I'm president of the Indiana ACFW Chapter. You may have noticed that I often talk about Christian authors in this cafe'. I have been a book reviewer for magazines in the past, and I now am a freelance manuscript reviewer/reader. I've written articles and columns in the past. Anyway, I'm particularly excited about our members who are having a booksigning in Lafayette, Indiana at the Carpenter's Son Bookstore this Saturday.

If you are in the area, please stop by! (and look me up, too.) If you can't be there, be sure to check out these books and pick up some summer reading. There is something for every kind of reader here.

Big Book Signing in Lafayette, Indiana

COME AND MEET YOUR INDIANA AUTHORS!
Date: 05/31/2008
Saturday
Time: 1:00-3:00 pm
The Carpenter’s Son Bookstore will host several well known and some new Indiana authors Saturday, May 31st. Colleen Coble, Denise Hunter, Brandt Dodson, Diann Hunt, Cara Putman and Jamie Carie will be part of the signing. Please join us for this wonderful signing event!

The Carpenter’s Son
1165 S. Creasy Lane
Lafayette, IN 47905
(765) 448-6434
(800) 735-0290 Toll Free

The Authors



Colleen Coble





Author Colleen Coble's thirty novels and novellas have won or finaled in awards ranging from the Romance Writers of America's prestigious RITA award, the Holt Medallion, the ACFW Book of the Year, the Daphne du Maurier, National Readers' Choice and the Booksellers Best awards. She writes romantic suspense because she loves to see justice prevail and love begin with a happy ending.


Denise Hunter









Denise lives in Indiana with her husband Kevin and their three sons. In 1996, Denise began her first book, a Christian romance novel, writing while her children napped. Two years later it was published and she’s been writing ever since. Her books often contain a strong romantic element, and her husband Kevin says he provides all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too!


Diann Hunt





Diann writes: The first autumn season of our empty nest, my husband and I began a weekly three-mile trek down the gravel roads of Amish country. One night I decided to put our walk on paper and sent it into a magazine which was later published. I never dreamed that God would take our empty nest, a peaceful walk, and a computer to create a new life and ministry for me. But He did. My once empty house is now cluttered with papers and books. Our cupboards that once bulged with chips and cupcakes, now old fat-free chips (can we say cardboard?) and low carb sweets.
I wish the kids would come back.
Still, knowing this is the way of life, I've learned to adjust. I started this writing adventure seven years ago, and I can honestly say this new season of my life has helped me through the crisis of the empty nest. Now if only I could stay focused when our granddaughters call my name...

Cara Putman








Cara says, "I am a woman living a dream God planted in my heart years ago. I’ve always inhaled books, and as a homeschooled teen decided to try my hand at writing. At that time, historical fiction was about all that was avail¬-able in the Christian market, so that’s what I wrote. I went to college (Go Huskers!), moved to the Washington, DC area, married the man of my dreams, worked in the non-profit world, went to George Mason Law School at night , and then started having children. My life was far from empty, but the dream wouldn’t die. In 2005 we at¬tended a book signing at our local Christian bookstore, Carpenter's Son. There I met my dear friend Colleen Coble. My first book, Canteen Dreams, released from Barbour's Heartsong Presents line in October followed by Sandhill Dreams in May 2008 and Captive Dreams in September 2008. These the stories of my heart, since I get to tell the world about the wonderful people of my home state, Nebraska. And I’m thrilled that Love Inspired Suspense will publish my first romantic suspense Deadly Exposure in May."






Jamie Carie








Jamie Carie is an inspirational fiction novelist who believes in the power of “story” to touch hearts and change lives. Her debut novel, Snow Angel, a USA News Book award winner, is a can’t-put-down story of redemption, hope and healing. Her second novel, The Duchess and the Dragon, is a passionate tale of love between a reckless Duke and a serene Quaker woman. Jamie lives in Indianapolis, Indiana with her husband and three boys… and a giant of a dog named Leo.







Brandt Dodson





Brandt Dodson was born and raised in Indianapolis, where he graduated from Ben Davis High School and, later, Indiana Central University (now known as The University of Indianapolis. It was during a creative writing course in college that a professor said; “You’re a good writer. With a little effort and work, you could be a very good writer.” That comment, and the support offered by a good teacher, set Brandt on a course that would eventually lead to the Colton parker Mystery Series.

2 comments:

Christine Lindsay said...

Seems like Indiana is the place to be. Did you know that I put a character in my WIP from Indiana, just because of a certain freelance manuscript editor? It's not a major character, but I wanted that touch of the US in my British Raj novel. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish I were in Indiana today to go to a book signing and work in some strawberry shortcake at Ivanhoes with Crystal afterward.