Thursday, February 07, 2008

Another Quiz/Yesterday's Photo

This quiz is to determine your "color" or your personality. What color are you?




You Are A Green Girl

You feel most at home in a world of ideas.
You're curious and logical - and enjoy a good intellectual challenge.
You're super cool, calm, and collected. Very little tries your patience.
Your only fear? People not realizing how smart and able you are!


(Just call me Green Hornet Girl. )


So, do you know who this is?



Did you guess Robert DeNiro? I have no idea what he is reading. I would like to know what kinds of material someone like him reads, wouldn't you?

I like even my friends sharing with me what they read. One friend sent me a copy yesterday of The Shack by William P. Young and I'm looking forward to reading this grassroots, much-talked-about book. It interests me that he self-published it and that Eugene Peterson endorses it on the cover. Wynona Judd endorses it on the back cover, along with Michael W. Smith. Have any of you read it?

Sometimes a friend has absolutely loved a book--and I can barely turn the pages. They weigh ten tons! Sometimes you have to "get into" the book before you fall for it. That has happened to me before. Those are the ones I wished that I could have worked on it before it was published.

Now, have you heard this story?

When President Reagan was convalescing in the hospital after being shot, he came to the balcony to talk to reporters to let the nation know he was doing ok and for a daily report.

One day, he put his thumb in his book he was reading, and walked out to the waiting crowd. Of course, these writerly types are wondering, "What are you reading, Mr. President?" He went into a winning description and how much he liked it.

Do you know what he was reading?

I'll give you hints:

1. It was first published by a small military press and less than 5000 copies were made.

2. The next day there was a huge rush on the book, and the small press sold the book to a huge publisher--because they could not possibly keep up with the sudden orders. (They had completely sold out.)

3. It was made into a movie.

Now, question 2, who played the main character of that book in the movie?

Stay tuned....


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know why I like the color blue--my brain is blue and I'm a Blue Girl:

"Relationships and feelings are the most important things to you.
You are empathetic and accepting - and good at avoiding conflict.
If someone close to you is in pain, it makes you hurt as well.
You try to heal the ones you love with your kind and open heart."

Again, I think the description fits.

Delia said...

I'm a Blue Girl, too.

Anonymous said...

Blue? Me, too! Coinky-dink that blue is my absolute favorite color . . . I don't think so! God doesn't do coincidences!

And I'm dying to know what Ronald Reagan was reading!
I'm guessing Tom Clancy . . . or whatever book was turned into the movie Saving Private Ryan. So, if it's Clancy the star playing the main character was either Sean Connery or Harrison Ford. If it was Saving Private Ryan, then it was Matt Damon. Of course, I could be completely missing it!! But I do love military fiction and Clancy's generally a good read. In fact, I'm currently rereading his Red Storm Rising. Uh, I'd better get back to work.
Another fun quiz for me to share Crystal! Thanks! ;D

Carrie Wood

Anonymous said...

I remember your "Just call me Green Hornet Girl." I've decided my tag should be Wild Blue Yonder Girl, since I find it terribly difficult to choose the best answer to the questions on these quizzes. I want to be able to pick at least two, because the answer depends ... on what exactly I don't know, but it depends!! Scatter-brained and definitely Tigger-ish today.

Carrie Wood

Pam Halter said...

I'm a blue girl.