We're riding high here in Indiana with our Indianapolis Colts winning the Super Bowl. And we're proud of the team members in more than just that they finally won--we're proud of them as just people. At the heart of the team is a man who on his web site has this right at the top of his page: "Family First." It speaks volumes about Tony Dungy as a person.
I hope that Peyton Manning, Tony Dungy and the whole Indianapolis team are enjoying their win and taking a small break from the pressure-cooker NFL atmosphere. I watch ESPN everyday (when I was growing up, I wanted to be a sports writer--no kidding. ha! and was the sports editor of my high school newspaper) so I know analysis about this year, as well as predictions about next year, are ongoing.
Check out Tony's site, even if you don't follow football. It's a story of a winner, but also someone of deep faith, abiding triumph over sorrows and quiet dignity.
* * * ************
Back in November I joined with other Christian Women Online to list my 1000 Gifts. Thinking about our daily gifts is good, but something about writing them down makes you appreciate them even more.
447. Indianapolis Colts won the Super Bowl!
448. The people on the team and their role model lives
449. a warm house despite the frigid cold outside
450. the car my son drives didn't wreck when he had a blow out (his alert skills to bring it safely to the side of the road, and to change the tire safely)
452. Bryce is getting better
453. a freezer full of food
454. Chapter After Chapter: Discover the Dedication & Focus You Need to Write the Book of Your Dreams by Heather Sellers
455. Supportive husband
456. a "honey" for Valentine's Day next week
457. Buddy Jewell's music
458. down comforter
459. Harley Davidson boots
460. indoor bathrooms and running water
461. sunshine--yesterday--and a hope that it will return
462. snow plows and salt for the road
463. crockpots for when I'm busy
464. Max thinking seriously about choosing a profession (he's 16)
465. Jordan with a firm eye on his future
466. a tough family through the generations
467. a wonderful email yesterday
468. good friends who are like family
469. cough medicine that works
470. clips for my wild hair
471. Midnite Mauve Mary Kay Lipstick! (I almost look alive)
472. Lee Warren's thoughts on sympathy and mourning
473. the hope of spring
474. my "Lamb's Ears" I didn't cut down last fall which are sticking up through the snow in soft green
475. fat squirrels that come out to taunt my dog, Lizzie (keeps her heart healthy...)
476. bananas and yogurt
477. limes for my ice water
478. coffee--hot and full of caffeine
479. tinkling sound of wind chimes