Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Why Should I Blog?

 I started this blog because Terry Whalin suggested I should have one. The only thing I really knew about was the publishing industry at that time, parenting, teaching, and growing up. It wasn't a focus and I just wrote about it all (except parenting.)  I sort of came by the back door and like a Ninja.

Lee Warren then gave me advice about blogging. I'm a writer first and blogging really is for those with a writer's heart. I was doing When I Was Just a Kid interviews (the first one was Mary Connealy!) Those went to a blog specifically focused on those interviews.

I had such good comments from readers yesterday that I'm going to take each one and organize a little better according to those comments.

Last night I had a dream that was writing related. (DiAnn Mills was in it. LOL.) What happened in the dream makes me realize I feel I need to be better "dressed" for the public.

Thank you so much for all your suggestions and I'll be trying out some things in the coming weeks. Come by and I'd love to feature each of you, too. One of the things I'd like to do is show writers on their writing journey.

5 comments:

Karen Lange said...

I think that some writers have really discovered a lot through blogging. I know I have. It's been a good outlet for me, plus I gained the support and info offered by so many other bloggers like you:) It's an adventure, and it's been fun being along for the ride with your blog too.
Blessings,
Karen

Jan Cline said...

I do love to read other writer's publication stories.

Story and Logic Media Group said...

I'll be watching you! =)

Christine Lindsay said...

I've been blogging for over 4 years now. Started once, stopped it, and started up another one. I find it a good discipline for me as a writer. As well as putting my nose to the grindstone and working on my novels, I know I have at least one other deadline for that week. I think it keeps me honest as a writer--in that it forces me to act like one, think like one, and most of all--write like one. Great posting. Very stimulating.

Cheryl Eklund said...

I've blogged for my organization before yet not personally. I'm struggling on how to organize it. I think I want to do a daily theme that way I have an idea where to go each day.

I would apriciate any thoughts or advice you would like to share.

Cheryl
Thanks for following me. I will be exploring your blog for insperation.