Thursday, May 28, 2009

Back to the Beginning


According to this photo of me as a baby, I was always analytical.
By nature I analyze everything I do.


So when I recently spoke to the creative writing class at Eastbrook High School, I wanted to go back over the questions they asked. They asked some great questions! I wanted to share them with here with you and then I'll take them one-by-one not only answer them for you, but allow you to comment with your own answers.

If you would like to add your own answer in the coming days, then I'd love to hear your own story. Be thinking of how you would have answered these and we'll get started tomorrow.

Questions from Eastbrook High School Students
1. How did you get started?

2. How did you realize this is what you wanted to do with your life?

3. What is your favorite thing to read about?

4. How long does it take to review a book?


5. What happens if you do not like a book you review?

6. How did you start reviewing books?

7. What’s the hardest part of your job?


8. Have you always liked reading?

9. What’s the first thing they look for when you want to publish a story?

10. When reviewing a story, what’s the first thing you look for?

11. What do publishers look for?

12. Do you enjoy your job?

13. What is the most popular story type? What is the most popular genre in writing?

14. I LOVE POEMS! How would I go about publishing poems?

15. How long have your been writing for publication?

16. How short of a novel can you have to be able to publish it?

17. How do you break into the market?

18. How do you get a book published? Who do you send it to?
19. Is it hard to write and have another job if that’s your case? Or does your writing make enough to get by?
20. This one goes along with #19: What’s it like living with Max?

No comments: